Common Conditions We Can Help With
Naturopathic Care is based on strengthening and bringing balance to the main systems of the body, including the systems of: immunity, digestion, elimination, and neuro-endocrine signaling. Overall, naturopathic medicines will optimize metabolic function so an individual can perform to their highest potential in life. Also known as functional medicine, this is done by understanding which systems of the body are overstressed and overburdened and then building them up with safe and effective natural medicines, thus treating underlying causes instead of just symptoms. Naturopathic medicine has a particular focus on the following general approaches to building health and improving the body's natural ability to recover from illness:
- Balancing and rebuilding the GI tract
- Balancing and supporting the hormonal system
- Support for stressed out patients by strengthening the adrenal system
- Reducing allergies and the inflammatory load
- Building up and supporting the immune system
- Working on proper nutrition and well-being through a whole food based diet and appropriate exercise
- Emotional support and balance
The following list provides a look at the range of medical conditions for which we can provide supporting natural medical care. This list is not exhaustive, and because the goal of the natural medicine modalities we practice is to increase the ability of one's body to respond effectively to disease and ill health, we can actually aid in a wide range of disease and health concerns, from psychiatric issues to chronic physical illness to cognitive problems.
- Depression/Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post Partum Depression
- Chronic Upper Respiratory Infections or Ear Infections
- Skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and diaper rash
- Sleep problems
- Digestive complaints, celiac disease, food allergies
Chronic Physical Disorders
- Gastrointestinal inflammatory disorders including IBS, Crohn's Disease, and Colitis
- Chronic respiratory infections/cough
- Chronic Migraine headaches
- Lyme's disease
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Neurological disease including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s
- Cognitive and Emotional sequelae from trauma (head trauma, surgical trauma, accidents etc)
- Autoimmune diseases, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Eczema, Psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Trauma & injuries; sprains, strains, tears, support with surgery, car accidents, whiplash, etc.
- Chronic inflammation and pain; lower back pain, sciatic pain, frozen shoulder, etc.
- Recurrent use injuries; Carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive motion injuries, tennis elbow, etc.
- Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
- Slipped disc, back injuries, scoliosis, etc.
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Hypothyroid and Hyperthyroid conditions
If you have questions about a particular health concern and how we might help you, please contact us and we can help you pick the best service to fit your needs.